Untenu Foundation was formally established in August 2015, but the work had been done informally for several years. Untenu provides emergency assistance, training and work experience to HIV-positive lesbians, gay men, bisexuals and transgender people living in poverty in Cambodia. Sometimes emergency aid is required, sometimes providing perspective on the long-term is the better thing to do. Read more about this in the submenu ‘What we do.”
Untenu is able to do this work in Cambodia thanks to contributions from sponsors and funds and money that people donate.
DUTCH TAX AUTHORITY
Untenu Foundation’s fiscal number (RSIN number) is 8554.37.765.
The Dutch tax authorities consider Untenu Foundation to be a ‘public-benefit organization’. On the basis of their evaluation, we were designated an ‘ANBI’ (ANBI stands for ‘Algemeen Nut Beogende Instelling’ = a public-benefit organization). As a result, private persons in the Netherlands can deduct their sponsoring from their income tax. Read more (in English) on the website of the Dutch Tax Authority, please click here.
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Untenu Foundation is registered with the Rotterdam Chamber of Commerce (Kamer van Koophandel) in the Netherlands under number 63878062.
‘s-Gravendijkwal 156 E
NL – 3015 CE Rotterdam
OBJECTIVES FOUNDATION UNTENU
- To provide emergency assistance to HIV-positive Lesbians, Gay men, Bisexuals, Transgender people, people living with Intersex condition (LGBTIs) as well as so called Rainbow Families, who live in poverty in Cambodia;
- To contribute to the cost of training for disadvantaged HIV-positive LGBTIs in Cambodia;
- Facilitating work experience placements for HIV-positive LGBTIs in Cambodia;
- To strengthen future leaders in the (HIV positive) LGBTI community in Cambodia;
- And further all that directly or indirectly is related or beneficial to our objectives, in the broadest possible sense.
STRATEGIC PLAN 2019 – 2020
Click on the image or click here to download the English version of the Strategic Plan 2019-2020 of the Untenu Foundation.
THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
The board of Untenu Foundation consists of three persons. Members may statutory remain a maximum of three terms of four years each. Condition to be a member of the board is that a Certificate of Good Conduct (V.O.G., issued by the Dutch Government) can be submitted.
Ron van Zeeland
BOARD of ADVISORS
The Board of Advisors (BoA) consists of three members. The RvA gives solicited and unsolicited advice to the board. The BoA assesses the decisions of the executive board with regard to:
- The long-term Strategic Plan and the long-term financial estimate;
- The budget and the annual plan;
- Annual Report including financial accountability;
- Applying for the Foundation’s bankruptcy; suspension of payments
by the Foundation; or the dissolution of the Foundation.
Ton de Coster (chairman)
The members of the Board shall enjoy no reward for the work done by them, nor are they entitled to attendance- or other fees. They are entitled to compensation for costs they made in the exercise of their board position.
The logo and promotional items of Untenu Foundation has been designed by Fokko van der Woude of design studio Woudesign.