Untenu Foundation was formally established in August 2015, but the work had been done informally for several years. Untenu provides emergency assistance, training and work experience to HIV-positive lesbians, gay men, bisexuals and transgender people living in poverty in Cambodia. Sometimes emergency aid is required, sometimes providing perspective on the long-term is the better thing to do. Read more about this in the submenu ‘What we do.”
Untenu is able to do this work in Cambodia thanks to contributions from sponsors and funds and money that people donate.
DUTCH TAX AUTHORITY
Untenu Foundation’s fiscal number (RSIN number) is 8554.37.765.
The Dutch tax authorities consider Untenu Foundation to be a ‘public-benefit organization’. On the basis of their evaluation, we were designated an ‘ANBI’ (ANBI stands for ‘Algemeen Nut Beogende Instelling’ = a public-benefit organization). As a result, private persons in the Netherlands can deduct their sponsoring from their income tax. Read more (in English) on the website of the Dutch Tax Authority, please click here.
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Untenu Foundation is registered with the Rotterdam Chamber of Commerce (Kamer van Koophandel) in the Netherlands under number 63878062.
‘s-Gravendijkwal 156 E
NL – 3015 CE Rotterdam
OBJECTIVES FOUNDATION UNTENU
- To provide emergency assistance to HIV-positive Lesbians, Gay men, Bisexuals and Transgender people (LGBTs) who live in poverty in Cambodia;
- To contribute to the cost of training for disadvantaged HIV-positive LGBTs in Cambodia;
- Facilitating work experience placements for HIV-positive LGBTs in Cambodia;
- To strengthen future leaders in the (HIV positive) LGBT community in Cambodia;
- And further all that directly or indirectly is related or beneficial to our objectives, in the broadest possible sense.
POLICY PLAN 2017 – 2018
The headlines of the Policy Plan 2015-216:
- Providing assistance to HIV-positive LGBTs in Cambodia in acute distress in the form of food (money) shelter and / or medical care for up to one month.
- If sufficient resources available: providing training for HIV positive LGBTs in Cambodia so that one gets perspective on sustainable and safer work than sex work.
- Mediating in work experience placements for HIV-positive LGBTs in Cambodia so that there is perspective to more sustainable and safer work than sex work.
- Assisting HIV positive LGBTs in Cambodia in setting up their own businesses.If sufficient resources available: (co-) funding of microcredits.
- Strengthen the capacity of the future leaders of (HIV-positive) LGBTs, so they are equipped to take in the HIV and LGBT community key positions in the future.
The complete Strategic Plan 2015 – 2016 of the Foundation is available,
please click here to download the Strategic (policy) Plan 2017-2018.
The board of Untenu Foundation consists of three persons. Members may statutory remain a maximum of three terms of four years each. Condition to be a member of the board is that a Certificate of Good Conduct (V.O.G., issued by the Dutch Government) can be submitted.
Ron van Zeeland
Member of the board
The members of the Board shall enjoy no reward for the work done by them, nor are they entitled to attendance- or other fees. They are entitled to compensation for costs they made in the exercise of their board position.
The logo and promotional items of Untenu Foundation has been designed by Fokko van der Woude of design studio Woudesign.